By the end of this program, the viewer should be able to:
- Explain several technology innovations that drive streamlined radiology workflow.
- Describe how Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM), Health Level 7 (HL7), and Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) work together to obtain interoperability.
- State several benefits to the integration of Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Describe the impact improvements in computer technology have had on RIS offerings.
- Identify the operational and financial benefits that can be realized when implementing speech/voice recognition systems in a PACS.
- Discuss changes that might occur within an imaging department after going filmless.
- Identify several benefits that may be realized with holographic image storage.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: ASRT - Technologists
CREDIT HOURS: 1
Unless otherwise noted, this program will be ASRT-approved as a Category A program by the first start date. You must submit the required information by the deadline date to obtain continuing education credit.