By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Explain radiation dose basics.
- Discuss the biological effects of ionizing radiation.
- Compare deterministic effects and stochastic effects of radiation.
- Describe the roles of diagnostic reference levels (DRL) and achievable doses (AD) in managing dose.
- Discuss the Image Wisely campaign’s radiation guidelines for computed tomography (CT) and nuclear imaging.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: 1.0 ASRT-Approved Category A
CREDIT HOURS: 1