By the end of this program, the viewer should be able to:
- Discuss the need to minimize radiation exposure.
- Describe how time, distance, and shielding can be manipulated to minimize radiation dose.
- Define and discuss the key concepts of ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable).
- Identify dose reduction techniques and methods to protect the radiographer.
- Describe several dose reduction techniques and methods to protect the patient.
- List several associations that either develop or enforce radiation protection standards.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: ASRT - Technologists
CREDIT HOURS: 1