By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Compare scientific studies with sensationalistic public news media stories regarding radiation dose in CTand other medical imaging procedures.
- Describe how cancer risks and deaths are estimated for medical imaging.
- Identify publications that provide data for predictions of cancer incidents and cancer death caused by CT and other imaging procedures.
- Review clinical studies of the health effects on humans who were exposed to environmental ionizing radiation.
- Define the linear no-threshold model.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: ASRT – Category A+
CREDIT HOURS: 1