Data Analytics for improved quality and efficiency
Leveraging GE Health Cloud, Encompass helps collect and synthesize large volumes of data from multiple sources converting the information into key actionable insights that can help hospitals improve asset utilization, capacity, staff performance and patient satisfaction.
With a combination of hardware and web applications, Encompass tracks assets throughout the facility, and conveniently displays asset information on computers, phones and tablets.
How Encompass works
- Beacons affixed to assets and locations are detected and read by receivers (mobile and fixed)
- Mobile receiver logic identifies asset locations (via fixed beacons) as well as assets that are close by (mobile beacons)
- Receivers communicate with RTLS Middleware over Wi-Fi*
- Middleware gateway passes data to Cloud, engine logic calculates location and publishes location events
- Consuming applications access location data
- Application Programming Interface (API) provides location awareness data for hospital app consumption
* Third party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Flow chart image